The Galbally 5 Mile and 5K events, based in the heart of Tyrone, is one of the highlights in the road racing calendar with over 500 participants and growing year on year.
The run begins and ends at Galbally Community Centre, where runners and walkers are treated to some of the famous hospitality and live entertainment that this event has become renowned for. Both courses are have rolling hills which means some climbs mixed with some extremely fast downhill sections. There is also excellent prize money across genders, age groups and bonus for the course records, with a total prize fund of £1500+.
The current holders of the 5 Mile course records are;
Peter Somba (Dunboyne AC) - 24.51
Kerry O'Flaherty (Newcaste and District AC) - 28:58
The event also attracts a large number of families and walkers, creating a carnival atmosphere at the finish line where pizza and beers await!
Event details & schedule
· Both 5 Mile and 5K Race are chipped and timed.
· The 5 mile race will start at 11.00am and the 5K will start at 11.05am on Sunday 23rd July
August at Galbally Community Centre (36 Lurgylea Rd, Galbally, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT70 2NX).
· The first 150 entries will receive a signature running vest
· Limited number of late registrations may be available on the morning.
· Water stations on the route.
· Support crews will be on the route to cheer you along.
· Hot showers available after the event.
· Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female
· Cash prizes for 1st Male and Female <18 category
· Cash prizes for 1st Male and Female Open
· Cash prizes for 1st Male and Female >40 category
· Cash prizes for 1st Male and Female >50 category
· Team Prize (Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female)
· 5 Mile Course Record (Male and Female)